Information for Businesses
If your business is interested in joining the Keep Safe scheme in Gloucestershire please email: email@example.com
We will arrange to visit your business and discuss the scheme, which will take no more than half an hour of your time. We will talk about how you can best roll the scheme out to your staff and can help with this briefing if you would like us to. This is a free service.
What are the benefits?
- Your business and staff will be known to be disability and dementia friendly.
- You will receive ongoing support from your local police community support officer.
- Vulnerable adults will appreciate your support and therefore will prefer to do business with you.
- Your community will recognise your support of vulnerable adults in society.
What will I have to do?
- Contact Keep Safe to express your interest or simply register on line and we will get in touch.
- Set aside a maximum of 30 minutes of your time to discuss how the scheme will work in your business.
- Identify a member of your team who can take responsibility for rolling the scheme out and who can be a point of contact for us.
- Agree how you will brief your staff on the scheme; we can help with this if you would like us to.
- Display the Keep Safe Logo sticker in your shop or business window.
- Display a poster in your staff room explaining the Keep Safe scheme.
- We will visit at least twice a year to ensure the scheme is working well for you.
- Consider if you would like to offer your staff further information or briefing on disabilities, dementia awareness and other conditions that they may come across in their roles.
Where can I get more information?
- There is more information on this website about learning disabilities, autism, dementia and other conditions. It describes how these might affect someone's behaviour, attitude, physical abilities and communication and what you and your staff can do and say to help when they are using your business or get into difficulty.
- We have also provided links to other useful and specialist websites, phone numbers and services.
- For details of all of this, please look on the “Useful links” section of this website.
- Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or want help or advice.